Health & Safety Measures
Made for Spain & Portugal is recognized as a Safe Travels company by the World Travel & Tourism Council. We strictly adhere to both EU Community Health & Safety Measures as well as WTTC Guidelines applicable at the time of travel, including physical distancing during tour and within transport, cleaning protocols and personal protective equipment. Clients’ health, safety and well-being is our top priority.
Spain is open for travel!
Travelers arriving from non-EU/Schengen countries: In order to enter Spain, all travelers must fill out the health form prior to arrival in Spain, and travelers over 12 years of age must present ONE of the following (requirements and restrictions may change at any time):
1. Vaccination certificate: An original vaccination certificate confirming traveler’s full vaccination with a EMA or WHO-approved vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Janssen/J&J, AstraZeneca, Sinovac, Sinopharm). Keep in mind that you will need 14 days from the last dose at least and no more than 270 days since the date of administration of your last dose. From that moment on, your vaccination certificate must show the administration of your booster dose. Travelers over 12 and under 18 years old do not require a booster shot to enter Spain. Certificate must include the following information:
o First and last name
o Date of vaccinations, indicating date of last dose administered
o Type of vaccine received
o Number of doses received to reach full vaccination
o Issuing country
o Identification of the issuing body of the vaccine certificate
2. Diagnostic certificate (TEST). You may show a negative COVID-19 test result. You must show a negative result of a NAAT test (PCR, LAMP, TMA or equivalent) taken within 72 hours OR an antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to your departure.
3. Recovery certificate: Certificates of recovery issued by the competent authority or by a medical service at least 11 days after the first positive NAAT or rapid antigen detection test will be accepted as valid. The certificate shall be valid for 180 days after the date of the first positive diagnostic test result, and must include the following information:
o First and last name
o Date of first positive Covid-19 Test
o Type of test performed
o Country of issue of certificate
Additionally, travelers without EU Digital Certificate must present proof of the original positive test in question
Children under 12 years of age are exempt from the above requirements, and will simply have to fill out the health form to be granted entry.
Travelers coming from EU and Schengen Area: no Covid-related documentation or health checks required.
Further information may be consulted on Spain’s Travel Safe webpage by selecting traveler’s country of flight origin.
Masks are only mandatory in the following cases: during services with hired chauffer, on public transport, airplanes, trains, and in health centers and pharmacies.
Portugal is open for travel!
– Non-Europeans ** must present a negative Covid test to enter Portugal (PCR 72 hours before boarding or Antigen 24 hours before boarding). Non-EU vaccination certificates are not accepted by Portugal. Children under 12 do not need to present any test.
**Exceptions: Colombia, Israel, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE & UK nationals may enter Portugal with vaccination certificate.
The vaccination certificate issued by Australia is accepted (Vaxzevria, Comirnaty, Spikevax, Nuvaxovid vaccines).
– Europeans must present a valid vaccination EU Digital COVID Certificate (with a complete vaccination schedule or with a complete vaccination schedule and a vaccine booster), or a valid test or recovery EU Digital COVID Certificate. Children under 12 do not need to present any Covid documentation to enter.
Madeira: No requirements.
Azores: A valid vaccination, test or recovery EU Digital COVID Certificate, or a negative RT-PCR Test – 72h before boarding, or a negative Laboratorial Rapid Antigen Test – 48h before boarding (according to the European Commission list, or a Recovery Certificate (valid for 180 days)
When coming from mainland Portugal or Madeira, no Covid documentation is required.
Please note that requirements may change at any time. Consult all Covid Safety Regulations in Portugal here.
In mainland Portugal masks are only mandatory in the following cases: during services with hired chauffer, on public transport, airplanes, trains, and in health centers and pharmacies. Masks are mandatory in all enclosed public spaces.